The State Bar’s Diversity Clerkship Program is a 10-weeks, paid summer employment opportunity where first-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds are matched with a wide array of employers from private law firms, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies. Student clerks gain practical legal experience, and participating employers obtain valuable legal support.
First-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds who are in good standing may apply. Successful applicants demonstrate a commitment to diversity and a record of academic achievement.
- November 6, 2018, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Marquette University Law School Information Session
- November 12, 2018, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. - UW Law School Information Session
- January 18, 2019 - Law Student and Employer Application deadline
- February 6 & 7, 2019 - First Round of Interviews at UW Law School
- February 13 & 14, 2019 - First Round of Interviews at Marquette Law School
- February 18, 2019 - Employer Description form deadline
- March 4, 2019 - Madison Student/Employer interviews at the State Bar Center
- March 29, 2019 - Student/Employer interviews in Milwaukee
- July 18, 2019 - Diversity Clerkship Program Reception at the State Bar Center
A Special Thanks to our 2018 Employers & Congratulations to the 2018 Champions of Diversity Award Winner - Law Offices of Thomas P. Stilp
- Alliant Energy
- American Family Mutual Insurance Co. – Corporate
- Boardman & Clark LLP
- Church Mutual Insurance Company
- Clean Wisconsin
- Cramer, Multhauf & Hammes LLP
- GE Healthcare
- Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman, PC
- The Law Office of Odalo J. Ohiku
- Law Offices of Thomas P. Stilp
- Madison City Attorney's Office
- Milwaukee City Attorney's Office
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.
- Quartz Health Solutions
- Regal Beloit
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Stafford Rosenbaum LLP
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- Urban & Taylor SC
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections
To learn more about last year's program, please view the following article: Diversity Clerkship Program Leads to Lifelong Friendships
For more information about the program, please contact Bryant Park, State Bar of Wisconsin, (608) 250-6083 / org bpark wisbar wisbar bpark org or Atty. Andrew J. Chevrez, rr achevrez wi com wi achevrez rr com.
Student Application Information