The 2019 Diversity Clerkship Program participants.
The State Bar’s Diversity Clerkship Program is a 10-weeks, paid summer employment opportunity where first-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds are matched with a wide array of employers from private law firms, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies. Student clerks gain practical legal experience, and participating employers obtain valuable legal support.
First-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds who are in good standing may apply. Successful applicants demonstrate a commitment to diversity and a record of academic achievement.
Important Dates for the 2020 Diversity Clerkship Program
- October 24, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. - UW Law School Information Session
- November 14, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Marquette Law School Information Session
- January 17, 2020 - Law Student and Employer Application deadline
- February 5 & 6, 2020 - First Round of Interviews at UW Law School
- February 6 & 7, 2020 - First Round of Interviews at Marquette Law School
- March 6, 2020 - Milwaukee Student/Employer interviews at Northwestern Mutual
- March 12, 2020 - Madison Student/Employer interviews at the State Bar Center
- July 23, 2020 - Diversity Clerkship Program Reception at the State Bar Center
Employers for the 2020 Diversity Clerkship Program
- Alliant Energy
- Bell Moore & Richter SC
- Boardman & Clark, LLP
- Church Mutual Insurance Company
- Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Fiserv Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs - Seeking a clerk for their Milwaukee office and a clerk for their Madison office
- Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman, PC
- The Law Office of Odalo J. Ohiku
- Law Offices of John C. Syverson
- Madison City Attorney's Office
- Milwaukee City Attorney's Office
- Northwestern Mutual
- Quartz Health Solutions
- Regal Beloit
- Smith Amundsen LLC
- Stafford Rosenbaum
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Wisconsin Department of Justice
Learn More About Past Diversity Clerkship Programs
2019 Diversity Clerkship Program:
2018 Diversity Clerkship Program:
Diversity Clerkship Program Leads to Lifelong Friendships
For more information about the program, please contact Bryant Park, State Bar of Wisconsin, (608) 250-6083 / org bpark wisbar wisbar bpark org or Atty. Andrew J. Chevrez, rr achevrez wi com wi achevrez rr com.
Student Application Information