This advanced search gives you nine filters to use when conducting a search for a Wisconsin-licensed lawyer.
Use one of the following filters, or any combination, to narrow your search. The more information you add,
the easier it is to get the desired results.
- Keyword - This keyword search is a broad search, looking for information in a database
of more than 24,000 Wisconsin-licensed lawyers. This is where you could enter a lawyer's name (or part
of a name), organization, state, country, or street name. When searching by state, use the
two-letter abbreviation for quicker results.
If the lawyer you're looking for has a double or a hyphenated last name, like Mark Smith Anderson or
Mark Smith-Anderson, the Advanced Search keyword feature works better then Basic Search.
- City and/or County - Need a lawyer in a particular city or Wisconsin county?
Try either or both of these fields.
- Law School - In a convenient drop-down list, law schools are listed by their
official names and are organized alphabetically by state. The list does not include all ABA-accredited
law schools; only those schools that have graduated current State Bar of Wisconsin members.
- Other Languages - Looking for a Spanish-speaking lawyer or a lawyer fluent in
American Sign Language? Use this drop-down menu to quickly find who speaks what languages.
- Member ID - All you have is a lawyer's ID number? Enter this information, and you'll
automatically narrow your search to a single lawyer.
- Member Type - Search all Wisconsin-licensed lawyers, or use the drop-down menu to
choose from four license status options: Active, Emeritus, Inactive, or Judicial.
- Graduation Year - Are you looking for a lawyer that graduated in 1970? If you also
know the law school that he or she graduated from, use the Law School field in tandem with Graduation
- Phone Number - Got a phone number, part of a number, just the exchange? Use it to
toss a wider (or narrower) net than the use of City or County. Be sure to use parentheses and hyphens,
as in (608) 986-XXXX.