What The Appellate Help Desk Can and Cannot Do For You:
- Answer questions about how the Wisconsin's state appellate courts work.
- Provide information about court rules, procedures, practice and terms.
- Provide information about a pending case as long as that information is not confidential.
- Direct you to court forms and information about how to complete them.
- Check your forms for completeness.
- Provide information about court deadlines.
- Serve as your lawyer in your case or speak on behalf of any court.
- Recommend whether you should file an appeal or what actions you should take.
- Research or interpret the law for you.
- Give you an opinion on what will happen if you file an appeal.
- Take sides in your appeal.
- Change an order signed by a judge.