The Deadline for submitting nominations for 2023 is JANUARY 31, 2024
- Nominee has served as a circuit court judge;
- Nominee has demonstrated high ideals, exemplary personal character, judicial competence, and has been actively involved in community efforts that enhance the judicial system;
- Nominee has demonstrated outstanding, long-term judicial service during the years as a sitting judge;
- Nominee has affected the judicial system in a distinctive manner;
- Nominee is an example of a fair and impartial jurist.
- Nominee cannot be campaigning for an elected office other than the currently held office during the nomination process; and
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Justices and judges who are current members of the Bench and Bar Committee (roster) of the State Bar of Wisconsin are not eligible.
- Current and past members of the Wisconsin Supreme Court are not eligible.
Deadline for submittal of nomination materials is
January 31, 2024.
To nominate an individual, please submit the following documents by January 31, 2024, to: Bench and Bar Committee c/o Lisa Roys, State Bar of Wisconsin, P.O. Box 7158, Madison, WI 53707-7158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) A completed nomination form, or fillable nomination form. Please provide both the nominator and candidate information requested.
2) A letter addressing each of the criteria listed on the Judicial Awards Eligibility Guidelines that are applicable to the award for which you are nominating your candidate. Please also provide concrete examples that will emphasize your nominee's accomplishments, ideals, personal character and judicial competence. Also, please describe in detail your nominee's experience level, including any creative or innovative programs your nominee has implemented, any publishing credits and teaching experience, and be sure to include any other relevant information that you believe distinguishes your candidate.
3) Letters of recommendation. In order to provide the selection committee with more information, we suggest you submit
at least three, but
no more than five, letters of recommendation or testimonials from other individuals (including lawyers, judges, public officials or civic leaders) that address one or more of the criteria for the award for which you are nominating your candidate.
Please send your nomination materials to:
Bench and Bar Committee Judicial Achievement Awards Subcommittee
c/o Lisa Roys
State Bar of Wisconsin
P.O. Box 7158
Madison, WI 53707-7158
Please, no fax materials.