Acuity is seeking a House Counsel who will be responsible for providing general legal advice to senior management and employees on company strategies and implementation. In addition to drafting, reviewing and negotiating company contracts, this role will assist with a broad range of legal matters and projects including monitoring applicable employment and benefit laws, insurance laws and regulations, privacy and data security, and intellectual property law.
This is a hybrid opportunity with the expectation of 3 days per week in the office.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of transactional agreements including, but not limited to, vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, agency agreements, reinsurance agreements, and speaker agreements
- Develop and implement internal corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Advise senior management on matters related to corporate governance, including board meetings, corporate structure, and governance best practices
- Conduct legal research on insurance and corporate law matters
- Advise senior management on legal matters involving outside insurance agencies
- Evaluate and assess risks of and to Acuity from a legal, compliance and regulatory perspective
- Acts as a resource on interpretation of existing or proposed local, state and/or federal laws and regulation
- Conduct training sessions for employees and management on legal and compliance matters
- Provide legal representation, advice and opinions in monitoring and resolving disputes involving the corporate enterprise that are not claims related
- Manage and consult with outside counsel in a cost-effective manner
- Assist as needed with responses to external requests for information, subpoenas, reporting, or investigations from external governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Provide general business law advice to senior management and employees
- Support a broad range of general corporate legal matters
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Juris Doctorate degree with a strong academic record from an American Bar Association approved law school
Licensed in the state of Wisconsin and a member in good standing with the State Bar of Wisconsin
Three to six years of experience practicing corporate law, employment law, or related areas, either in a law firm or in house corporate legal department
- Demonstrated ability to work with and advise senior management on a variety of business and employment law matters
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines, without significant direct supervision from a senior attorney, and produce high quality work product
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and compliance
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communications skills with diverse audiences
- Strong collaborative, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in exercising sound judgment on behalf of clients
- Maintenance of the highest personal and professional ethical standards
This position is classified as exempt.
To apply visit
the Acuity registration page.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.