Do you dream of a challenging and fulfilling legal career that also offers you the healthy work-life balance necessary to juggle the demands of your busy life? Great West Casualty Company has opportunities for attorneys on our legal teams that afford you the ability to achieve just that, all with no billable hours!
These roles enjoy a hybrid work schedule with the ability to work from home 2 days per week and in office 3 days per week! We offer a full relocation package and are considering attorneys of all experience levels.
• Corporate Counsel: In this position, you will monitor and provide strategic guidance, consultation, and support to the various departments of Great West Casualty Company, Joe Morten & Son, Inc., and ORI affiliates in an effort to ensure conformity with legal requirements and to facilitate communication and coordination that fosters consistent, efficient, and appropriate practices in support of overall company business objectives. This role focuses on contract work and has the potential to cover a diversity of issues including contract review, EMP, document retention, bankruptcy, collections, cybersecurity, state privacy laws, new regulations on business continuity plans, financing law and intellectual property such as trademark and copyright. You will also have the opportunity to put your strong communication and collaboration skills to good use as you effectively work with a diverse group of supervisors, managers and employees at our various locations.
• Coverage Attorney: As a coverage attorney, you will focus on the motor carrier policy, providing counsel, training, and assistance to the regions' claims departments to foster consistent, efficient, and appropriate claims practices. You will prepare coverage opinions and memoranda on claims legal topics as well as oversee litigation and declaratory judgment action while supervising outside counsel.
• Subrogation Claims Attorney: As a subrogation claims professional in our subrogation department, you will review information on reported claims and determine if third parties have a legal liability for damages to Great West or our insureds due to an incident. When you come to work, you'll provide communications on open claim files and diligently negotiate settlements. Successful candidates are driven to succeed and conduct business with the highest ethics while helping others.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 65 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• A 37.5 hour work week.
• Flexible schedules for a stable work-life balance.
• Opportunities for growth and development.
• Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, sick leave, leave of absence and more.
• Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
• Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company
• For Corporate Counsel and Coverage Attorney a JD degree and licensed to practice in at least one state.
• For Subrogation Claims Attorney, claims experience would be considered in lieu of a JD degree.
• Will consider applicants of varying experience levels.