Provides legal counsel and services to Forest County Potawatomi Community to ensure maximum protection of its legal rights and to maintain its operations within the limits prescribed by law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contract management and administration.
2. Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues with respect to federal, tribal and state laws. Some international law experience is a plus.
3. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
• Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association accredited law school; Licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin. If not licensed in the State of Wisconsin or the Tribal bar, then must be willing to take the State and Tribal bar exam to become a member thereof within one year of employment.
• At least eight years of overall legal experience in negotiating and drafting different types of complicated contracts, joint ventures and other business cooperative agreements, financial and cash services, software, marketing, entertainment, advertising, gaming, commercial including regulatory compliance and resolving contract disputes.
• Good interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate will be required to engage in client interactions and provide quick opinions and support.
• Ability to manage a high number of matters and priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
• Experience in Indian law and working with Indian tribes a plus.
• Other duties as assigned.