The Corporate Paralegal will support the Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary.
The person in this role will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and
independently, exercise the necessary judgment to assess and appropriately react to situations that
require a quick turnaround. This job will require independent judgment, discretion and analysis
involving situations with access to highly confidential and complex information. The person in
this role must be able to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization (including
Board members and other executive officers), ensure the confidentiality of extremely sensitive
information, and have a positive and professional appearance and demeanor.
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare drafts of annual meeting minutes and resolutions for various legal entities.
• Maintain up-to-date corporate minute books for global legal entities.
• Conduct annual maintenance activities for each business entity.
• Maintain up-to-date database/listing of global corporate entity records, director and officer
information and entity organization charts.
• Oversee and manage Section 16 filings and manage reporting and recordkeeping using
executive compensation web-based tool.
• Manage and use e-billing system (Serengeti) for legal bills from outside law firms and
ensure timely payment of legal bills.
• Assist in the preparation and collection of information needed for preparation of the proxy
• Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures to enhance and ensure
compliance with various legal requirements
• Prepare meeting materials for board and committee meetings.
• Assist Board members with inquires and assist in meeting scheduling.
• Responsible for managing all aspects of online board portal and uploading all materials.
• Organize and maintain legal files and records.
• Process expense reports using Certify.
• Review and approves commercial contracts.
• Produce documents, correspondence, reports and presentations as required.
• Liaise with outside counsel, other members of the senior management and the board of
directors, vendors, and the public.
• Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.
• Extremely strong attention to detail in a busy and changing work environment.
• Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, PowerPoint, Certify
Nasdaq's Directors Desk and Outlook software.
• Excellent time management skills, including managing multiple priorities with flexibility
in shifting focus and priority as business needs change.
• Ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking, including ability to resolve problems
creatively and offer alternative solutions as appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies, paralegal certificate or the equivalent combination
of formal education, training and or experience.
• Previous corporate law department experience and/or large law firm litigation experience
• Extensive experience handling highly sensitive information and managing many and varied
projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Exceptional communication, reading and writing skills.
• Demonstrate professionalism and skill working in a team environment and coordinating
• Ability to multi-task and consistently meet aggressive and time-sensitive deadlines
• Proactive, highly organized and detail-oriented.
To apply, please visit: https://www.manitowoc.com/careers or send your resume to