This role will report to the VP & Associate General Counsel and have responsibility for various business and commercial matters affecting Manitowoc throughout North America and Latin America. As a part of Manitowoc’s legal department, this position will have principal responsibility for preparing, reviewing and assisting in a wide range of contracts and commercial matters, such as purchase and sale agreements, distribution agreements/matters, confidentially agreements, tenders and terms and conditions of sale and purchase. This role will act as a supporting liaison between the purchasing and sales team and the legal department to manage the organization's contracts (assisting with basic contract review and negotiation as directed). This position will also be responsible for maintaining, managing and overseeing a repository of all significant contracts.
In addition to contract matters, this position will provide support on a broad range of other day-to-day commercial and business matters in coordination with other members of Manitowoc’s legal department.
• Manages the preparation, organization and maintenance of contract templates, tool-kits, records and files, as well as the group’s contract management intranet site, contract repositories and databases.
• Supports sales, manufacturing, after market (service), marketing, engineering and innovation organizations with contract review and negotiation.
• Monitors and assists in managing all commercial terms of contracts, insurance requirements and any unique provisions. Review contractual documents to identify and mitigate potential legal and business risks and negotiate and manage the execution of contracts and modifications. Work with brokers and insurance colleagues on contract-related insurance matters.
• Interact with other members of Manitowoc’s legal department, employees and customers with respect to negotiating contracts and day-to-day commercial and business matters.
• Manage issues in a manner that protects the best interests of Manitowoc, as well as Manitowoc’s integrity, reputation and assets while ensuring Manitowoc operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Plan and facilitate training to internal clients on designated topics as needed.
• Assist with internal clients’ legal needs, along with other member of Manitowoc’s legal department, to achieve resolution of matters outside of direct subject matter expertise or responsibility.
• Possess sound business judgment.
• Able to problem solve independently and within a group.
• Maintain the highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
• Experience negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial agreements, preferably in manufacturing.
• Team and customer focused approach to work - responds promptly, solicits feedback.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Experience working with contract management and with contract negotiations.
• Strong teambuilding and leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• No less than 5 years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, law, or related field required.
• Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) or Certified Paralegal (CP) preferred.
• Experience in the heavy construction industry preferred.
To apply, please visit: https://www.manitowoc.com/careers or send your resume to Kaitlyn.firstname.lastname@example.org