The Associate Counsel is an in-house legal position with a firm which provides common business services to a group of national, sophisticated design and construction professional firms with over 25 offices and 1,200 employees. The Associate Counsel provides legal and business advice related to contracts, practice management, claims, insurance, and other legal matters.
• Provide legal advice and risk assessments across a broad range of legal matters related to contracts, professional services, and construction law.
• Analyze, summarize, and advise on a wide variety of commercial contracts and leases.
• Draft and negotiate technology-related agreements, professional services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and data sharing agreements.
• Conduct and compile research, maintain/update legal due diligence documents.
• Partner with other in-house and outside legal counsel in the management and resolution of contested matters and demands.
• Provide legal advice and support for intellectual property and brand protection matters, including interpreting and translating privacy laws, copyright and trademark law.
• Provide guidance on labor and employment matters.
• Perform legal research and draft, review memorandums and communications.
• Deliver training on various legal topics, including project-specific requirements, contracts, ethics, and compliance.
• Capture industry and market trends to advise on best practices and continuously improve processes.
• Strong negotiation, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to manage numerous assignments simultaneously and prioritize work
• Excellent communication skills including drafting professional email and letter communications to internal and external stakeholders
• Interest in working in a collaborative environment and a keen focus on client service
Desired Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in the following areas are a plus:
– Construction-Related Litigation and Design and Construction Law
– Alternative Dispute Resolution
– Risk Management and Insurance Matters
– Corporate Leases and Licensing
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Admitted to practice law in the State of Wisconsin
About FAC Services
FAC Services is a professional firm that provides business services to architecture, engineering, and construction service firms. Our focus on high quality, timely and trusted business services allows our partners to focus on advancing their strategic goals and priorities. We maintain the highest ethical standards and personalized services within a culture that encourages professional and personal growth.
To be considered for this position, email your cover letter, including salary expectations and your resumé to com FACRecruiting facfin facfin FACRecruiting com, Attention: Rachel King, Development & Communication.