A part time position is available in our fast-paced, civil litigation law firm located in Milwaukee’s Third Ward. This position will support insurance defense and worker’s compensation litigators. The possibility exists for transitioning to full time in the future.
Perform duties for several attorneys including, but not limited to:
• Coordinate collection of authorizations for release of records
• Request, organize, and summarize voluminous certified medical records
• Manage requests for various other types of certified records
• Review/summarize voluminous file documents for attorney analysis
• Summarize deposition transcripts
• Track damage specials and itemizations
• Assist with trial preparation and attend trials with attorneys as needed
• Provide backup to legal assistants on occasion (i.e. transcription, e-filing, etc.)
• Assist with phone coverage
Paralegal experience is required, preferably in litigation. Accurate typing speed of 70wpm is required. You must possess strong computer skills and be comfortable with web-based software programs. Excellent proofreading, organizational, and follow-through skills are critical. You must be able to communicate well, verbally and electronically, and possess the ability to be productive in a demanding environment. We need a dependable, motivated team player with outstanding client service skills and the ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.
Submit resumé to com dietzler simpsondeardorff simpsondeardorff dietzler com.