Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector.
We are actively seeking a dynamic attorney to join our team in the role of Sr. Counsel - Financial Services. In this role, you will provide legal counsel to internal clients, specifically the North American captive finance company of CNH Industrial, on legal matters related to wholesale and retail lending across the United States and Canada.
Essential Functions: Maintains expert knowledge and awareness of court precedent and government regulations (federal, state, local and provincial) concerning finance company related legal topics, including data privacy/security, licensing, federal lending laws applicable to commercial borrowers, insurance and credit cards. Advises, counsels, and assists internal clients in promptly answering their legal questions, providing guidance, reviewing policies and documents and providing training. Directs outside legal counsel as necessary to protect CNH Industrial business interests. Reduces business risk and ensures legal compliance while meeting the strategic business objectives of the client.
Specific areas of practice include:
• Ensure CNH Industrial Capital maintains necessary state and provincial licenses
• Respond to regulators
• Research and interpret current, new and proposed regulations
• Understanding of financial services regulations including AML, ECOA, FCRA, UDAP, Patriot Act, SCRA, TILA
• Support legal needs of compliance department
• Promote business objectives while fostering culture of regulatory compliance
• Interpret state and federal regulations
• Provide guidance to employees regarding compliance with regulations
• Working knowledge of federal lending regulations
• Draft and review internal policies and procedures
• Provide guidance on data privacy/security regulations
• Draft and review purchase agreements
• Draft NDAs
• Assist business functions with legal issues as needed (Wholesale, retail, asset remarketing)
• Review marketing materials
• Provide research and guidance on lending matters
• Review and draft form financing agreements
• Understanding of general insurance laws
• Assist insurance group as needed
• Understanding of credit card regulations
• Assist with business needs of credit card operations
The qualified candidate will have:
• Law degree and an active license to practice law.
• Minimum five years of comprehensive experience and emphasis on financial services matters, including the noted areas of practice
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize, prioritize and manage complex tasks.
• Ability to work independently to provide timely, practical answers to questions from business clients through independent thinking and clear strategic analysis.
• Regular and consistent attendance, along with the ability and willingness to respond to clients and counsel beyond regular business hours.