The City of Beloit has an exciting professional opportunity in the City Attorney's Office. The City of Beloit seeks experienced and skilled candidates to serve as the Assistant City Attorney. This is responsible professional legal work in the City Attorney's Office. This position may be assigned diverse legal activities including the prosecution of municipal ordinance violations, civil litigation and/or general law practice (consistent with the needs of the organization). Work is performed with varying degrees of independence as employees gain necessary proficiencies.
Qualified candidates will be expected to have creative, problem-solving approach and well-developed interpersonal communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff, elected and appointed officials, government agencies, service and community organizations, private business and the general public.
Salary Range: $67,109.00 - $110,740.00 Annually
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Minimum of three years of professional legal experience in litigation or prosecution; municipal employment is desirable.
- Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position may also be considered.
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Admission to the Wisconsin State Bar, or be able to obtain within 6 months of employment, and have the ability to maintain membership as a condition of continued employment.
Please submit cover letter, resumé, and writing sample in addition to your application.
Equal opportunity employer