State Bar Elections: Cast Your Ballot Electronically by Noon on April 24
April 21, 2020 – Time is running out to cast your electronic ballot for State Bar of Wisconsin leadership positions, including State Bar president-elect. The deadline is this Friday, April 24, at noon.
Members have until noon on April 24 to vote for a president-elect, a secretary, a Judicial Council representative, district governors, and division officers and board members. State Bar election ballots were emailed the second week in April. If you have already voted, THANK YOU! If you still need to vote:
- Look for an email with voting instructions from: State Bar of Wisconsin Election Coordinator [mailto:email@example.com] with the subject line: 2020 State Bar of Wisconsin Election: Voter Login Information. This email was sent to you on April 9.
- If you do not see the email in your inbox, check your SPAM or Junk folder.
- If you do not have an email address on file with the State Bar, a ballot was mailed to you on April 8 via USPS.
Please note: If you have placed any holds on emails from the State Bar, you may not have received an electronic ballot. Contact Customer Service at (800) 444-9404 to verify that your account is set up to receive your email ballot.
The winning candidates assume their offices July 1. For general information on State Bar elections, see the elections page on WisBar.org, or see below.
Get to Know State Bar President-elect, Secretary, and Judicial Council Candidates
Candidates for the State Bar Board of Governors
The State Bar of Wisconsin’s Board of Governors influence the future of the State Bar as well as set its policy direction. Your vote for these candidates will make a difference in the future of your practice and your profession.
State Bar members will elect Board of Governor representatives during April. The Board of Governors is the State Bar's policymaking body. Governors serve two-year terms.
Districts 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, and 16 will elect governors in 2020. District 2 (Milwaukee) will elect five; District 6 (Waukesha) will elect two; District 9 (Dane) will elect four; and all other districts will elect one. See the district map to find your district, and see who is running.
The Board of Governors’ candidates represent a wide variety of experience and practice areas. By district, the candidates are:
District 2 (five vacancies)
- Ryan M. Billings, Kohner, Mann & Kailas SC, Milwaukee, Harvard Law School 2004
- Russell D. Bohach, Russell D. Bohach Attorney at Law, Wauwatosa, Marquette 1980
- Elizabeth K. Miles, Davis Kuelthau, s.c., Milwaukee, Marquette 2009
- Anna F.C. Muñoz, Brookdale Senior Living Inc, Milwaukee, Marquette 2005
- Krista G. LaFave Rosolino, Warshafsky, Rotter, Tarnoff & Bloch SC, Milwaukee, Tulane University School of Law 2013
- Nicholas C. Zales, Zales Law Office, Milwaukee, Marquette 1989
District 4 (one vacancy)
District 6 (two vacancy)
District 8 (one vacancy)
District 9 (four vacancies)
- Jeff A. Goldman, DeWitt LLP, Madison, UW 2002
- David M. Gorwitz, Neider & Boucher SC, Madison, UW 2005
- Mitch, UW Law School, Madison, UW 2003
- Patricia Epstein Putney, Bell Moore & Richter SC, Madison, Brooklyn Law School 1989
District 10 (one vacancy)
District 12 (one vacancy)
District 14 (one vacancy)
District 16 (one vacancy)