A selection of recent Wisconsin case verdicts are shared below.
April 5, 2023 – A selection of recent Wisconsin case verdicts are shared below. The information is provided as a service to State Bar of Wisconsin members in cooperation with Westlaw's® West's Jury Verdicts – Wisconsin Reports, a Thomson Reuters business.
Weatherspoon v. Veritiv Operating Co. et al. (Wis. Cir. Ct. - Racine County)
Vehicle Negligence - Settlement: $75,000
Tractor-trailer caused collision when attempting to pass tractor with mower blade
Gard v. United States of America et al. (U.S.D.C. - E.D. Wisconsin)
Vehicle Negligence - Bench: $580,923
Postal truck allegedly caused neck injuries necessitating discectomy and fusion surgery with hardware, plus a vertebrectomy and decompression surgery
Jones v. Cincinnati Ins. Co. et al. (Wis. Cir. Ct. - Racine County)
Premises Liability - Settlement: $130,000
Individual suffered personal injuries when she stepped in a hole present in a parking lot
State Bar members can:
- Request a full case summary, free of charge
- Submit their own case results for online publication in Westlaw’s® West's Jury Verdicts – Wisconsin Reports, free of charge
- Order a paid online subscription to Westlaw’s® West's Jury Verdicts – Wisconsin Reports
- Contact West: firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 689-9378
For State Bar members submitting their own results for publication, West will:
- Send each submitter a pdf of his/her published case as it appears online in Westlaw’s® West's Jury Verdicts – Wisconsin Reports, free of charge
- Consider featuring the case in the State Bar’s WisBar InsideTrack publication
© 2023 Thomson Reuters/West. All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this Web site
for their own personal and noncommercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Thomson Reuters/West content is
expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters/West.