Certification may be denied, revoked, or not renewed for the following administrative or substantive reasons, as set
forth in this Section X. Denial, revocation, or nonrenewal of certification may be based in all cases upon information
or the lack thereof as presented to or discovered by the Program Registrar or the State Bar of Wisconsin in any capacity,
upon information presented or developed by the Certification Review Board established under Section XI, below, or in
response to investigation of a sworn complaint filed with the Program Registrar.
A. Administrative Denial, Revocation, or Nonrenewal
The Program Registrar may deny, revoke, or refuse to renew certification for any or all of the following reasons:
(1) Failure to provide the information or verifications required under the application;
(2) Failure to meet the continuing education requirement of Section V, above; or
(3) Nonpayment of application or renewal fees.
B. Substantive Denial, Revocation, or Nonrenewal
Upon referral by the Program Registrar or receipt of a sworn complaint, and pursuant to the procedures identified
in Section XI, below, the Certification Review Board established under said Section XI may deny, revoke, or
refuse to renew certification for any or all of the following reasons:
(1) Providing false information on or with the application for certification;
(2) Fraud, misrepresentation, or mistake in obtaining or renewing certification;
(3) Failure to abide by or violation of the ethical requirements of Section VIII, above;
(4) Engaging in the unauthorized practice of law;
(5) Gross incompetence or unprofessional or unethical conduct; or
(6) Conviction of a felony or of a misdemeanor involving fraud, misrepresentation, dishonesty, or false statements.
C. Notice and Appeal of Decision to Deny, Revoke, or Not Renew
Notice of the denial, revocation, or nonrenewal of certification, and the reasons therefor, shall be given in writing
to the applicant by the Program Registrar. Notice will be given by certified mail to the applicant at the applicant’s
address as indicated on the application. The Notice shall advise the applicant that she or he may file, within 30 days
of the mailing of the notice, a Request for Reconsideration.