The State Bar’s Diversity Clerkship Program is a limited-term, summer employment opportunity that affords first-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to build legal practice skills and knowledge. It is an employer-student assignment program where students are assigned to private law firms, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies. Student clerks gain practical legal experience, and participating employers obtain valuable legal support.
First-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds who are in good standing may apply. Successful applicants demonstrate a commitment to diversity and a record of academic achievement.
A Special Thanks to our 2017 Employers
- American Family Mutual Insurance Co. – Corporate
- Boardman & Clark LLP
- Church Mutual Insurance Company
- GE Healthcare
- Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation
- Law Office of Odalo J. Ohiku
- Law Offices of Thomas P. Stilp
- Madison City Attorney Office
- Milwaukee City Attorneys Office
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- SC Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Society Insurance
- Stafford Rosenbaum LLP
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections
January 12, 2018 Application deadline
March 2018 (TBD) Student/Employer interviews in Madison
March 2018 (TBD) Student/Employer interviews in Milwaukee
For more information about the program, please contact Beth Drake, State Bar of Wisconsin, (608) 250-6171 / org bdrake wisbar wisbar bdrake org or Atty. Andrew J. Chevrez, rr achevrez wi com wi achevrez rr com.
Student Applicant Information