The State Bar’s Diversity Clerkship Program is a limited-term, summer employment opportunity that affords first-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to build legal practice skills and knowledge. It is an employer-student assignment program where students are assigned to private law firms, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies. Student clerks gain practical legal experience, and participating employers obtain valuable legal support.
First-year Marquette University Law School and University of Wisconsin Law School students with diverse backgrounds who are in good standing may apply. Successful applicants demonstrate a commitment to diversity and a record of academic achievement.
A Special Thanks to our 2015 Employers
- American Family Mutual Insurance Co. – Corporate
- Artisan Partners Limited Partnership
- Boardman & Clark LLP
- CUNA Mutual Group
- Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan LLP
- Institute for Global Ethics
- Law Office of Odalo J. Ohiku
- Law Offices of Thomas P. Stilp
- Madison City Attorney Office
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- SC Johnson & Son Inc.
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
Jan. 11, 2016 Application deadline
March 14, 2016 Student/Employer interviews in Madison
March 18, 2016 Student/Employer interviews in Milwaukee
For more information about the program, please contact Jerry Vang, State Bar of Wisconsin, (608) 250-6181 / org jvang wisbar wisbar jvang org or Atty. Andrew J. Chevrez, rr achevrez wi com wi achevrez rr com.
Student Applicant Information