Your Law Student Associate status provides you with access to a number of important benefits:
- A network of important contacts
- Job search assistance
- Diversity Clerkship Program
- Resources to help you in your studies and professional career
- Experience with issues and concerns you will encounter as a lawyer
- A realistic sense of what to expect in your day-to-day professional life
- Familiarity with the profession that could otherwise take several years to develop
- Current information on the changes in law and impact of coming legislation
- Free or special student discounts on publications
As a Law Student Associate, you are encouraged to participate in State Bar programs and activities, many of them free of charge to student associates.
The State Bar of Wisconsin commits to assisting legal organizations interested in diversifying their legal staff. To further its goal of promoting diversity within the legal profession, the State Bar facilitates a diversity clerkship program that encourages diversity in the legal profession by providing a rich learning experience for participating students and employers. Students are matched with private law firms, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies.
Probably the most important factor in finding a job, besides graduating, is having a large, well-connected network of professional contacts on which to call. Becoming involved in the activities and programs sponsored by the State Bar helps you establish that network. You have opportunities to meet and interact with professionals in several ways, including:
- Attending seminars
- Attending Pinnacle institutes
- Submitting articles for publication in section and division newsletters
- Attending programs with practicing lawyers
- Attending programs sponsored by the State Bar at your law school
Continuing Legal Education Opportunities – including Ultimate Pass Gold benefit
It is important for up-and-coming lawyers to understand what is happening in the here-and-now of law practice. We’ve made it even easier for you. Now, all Law Student Associates automatically receive all the benefits of an Ultimate Pass Gold and more! The PINNACLE Seminars Ultimate Pass Gold is a one-year subscription that allows each subscriber unlimited access to attend any live, video, webcast, webcast replay, telephone, or CLE OnDemand seminar produced by the PINNACLE Seminars Division*. These seminars include annual updates, national speakers, and the Build Your Practice series. This benefit, available only to State Bar of Wisconsin Law Student Associates, is worth a value of $1099, some restrictions apply. Law Student Associates still receive free attendance to PINNACLE Institutes.
As a law student associate, you will receive complimentary access to Books UnBound™, a subscription-based online library of PINNACLE Books, featuring links to primary law through Fastcase™ legal research service. Books UnBound is accessible through the State Bar of Wisconsin website, and can be launched from the home page or through MyMedia.
After registering as a law student associate, students will receive a confirmation for their Books UnBound subscription via email. Please note that the Law Student Associate Program requires annual "academic year" activation.
Online State Bar Publications & Information
Your State Bar of Wisconsin Student Associate status will put you in touch with the latest news, trends and issues facing Wisconsin lawyers. As an associate, you'll have access to:
Discounts on Office Supplies
State Bar of Wisconsin members and law students save 10% off the web price on more than 30,000 office supplies through the Office Depot Partner Program. Keep your workplace running smoothly with discounts on office essentials, break room supplies, technology products and more.
3 Ways Members Benefit:
- FREE SHIPPING: On orders over $50 (and under 50 pounds)
- EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS: 10% off the web price
- CONVENIENT SHOPPING: Online and in-store shopping options.
Easy to Order, Easy to Save!
It's easy to set up a new account. Just Click Here go to the State Bar of Wisconsin Member Portal and click on Start Saving.
To shop online:
* To start shopping online and pay with your credit card, click on the blue button Online Shopping Registration.
* To set up a new account, click on the blue button Set Up An Account.
To shop in a local store:
* To print out a card to use at your local store, click on the blue tab Shop In The Store Now. Just print out the
page and take it to your local store to shop. Don't forget to stop at their print center to have your new card
laminated for free.