The Lifetime Jurist Award was established to honor a person who has served as a circuit court judge and who has exhibited long-term excellence as a judge:
- Nominee has served as a circuit court judge;
- Nominee has demonstrated high ideals, exemplary personal character, judicial competence, and has been actively involved in community efforts that enhance the judicial system;
- Nominee has demonstrated outstanding, long-term judicial service during the years as a sitting judge;
- Nominee has affected the judicial system in a distinctive manner;
- Nominee is an example of a fair and impartial jurist.
- Nominee cannot be campaigning for an elected office other than the currently held office during the nomination process; and
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Justices and judges who are current members of the Bench and Bar Committee (roster) of the State Bar of Wisconsin are not eligible.
Deadline for submittal of nomination materials is February 27, 2015.
To nominate an individual, please submit the following documents by February 27, 2015 to: Bench and Bar Committee, Attn: Kris Wenzel, P.O. Box 7158, Madison, WI 53707-7158
1) A completed, typewritten or printed nomination form, or fillable nomination form. Please provide both the nominator and candidate information requested.
2) A typewritten or printed letter addressing each of the criteria listed on the Judicial Awards Eligibility Guidelines that are applicable to the award for which you are nominating your candidate. Please also provide concrete examples that will emphasize your nominee's accomplishments, ideals, personal character and judicial competence. Also, please describe in detail your nominee's experience level, including any creative or innovative programs your nominee has implemented, his or her publishing credits and teaching experience, and be sure to include any other relevant information that you believe distinguishes your candidate.
3) Letters of recommendation. In order to provide the selection committee with more information, we suggest you attach at least three, but no more than five, letters of recommendation or testimonials from other individuals (including lawyers, judges, public officials or civic leaders) that address one or more of the criteria for the award for which you are nominating your candidate.
Please send your nomination materials on 8½ x 11" paper, unstapled, identified and clipped together to:
Bench and Bar Committee / Judicial Achievement Awards Subcommittee
c/o Kris Wenzel
State Bar of Wisconsin
P.O. Box 7158
Madison, WI 53707-7158
Please, no fax materials.