PILS seeks nominations for the Dan Tuchscherer Outstanding Public Interest Law Attorney Award, which recognizes a lawyer who has demonstrated a selfless, lifetime commitment to working in the public interest, both inside and outside the field of law. The nominating criteria for the Dan Tuchscherer Outstanding Public Interest Law Attorney Award are as follows:
- Lifetime commitment to working in the public interest, either in the private or public sector;
- Public interest work history; "commitment to serving in the public interest";
- Volunteer work; active in the community beyond employment responsibilities (i.e. this means more than having one’s name on a roster but, rather, organizing and attending community events/projects);
- Selfless commitment to helping others;
- Work helps community at large, either one client at a time or more "globally".
All letters of nominations should include a brief description of the nominee’s public interest work, and an explanation of how it reflects the criteria listed above.
Please submit nominations to Colin Good (com cgood hq-law hq-law cgood com) by February 17, 2017.