To facilitate a productive and professional exchange, participants are expected to follow these courtesy guidelines and rules.
- Be relevant. Comments should relate to content published in Wisconsin Lawyer or to general comments about the publication.
- Be concise. Keep paragraphs and messages short and to the point. The technology limits your responses to 1,500 words.
- Be civil. Do not post inflammatory messages. These discussions are public, and they are meant for constructive exchanges. Comments should address the issues and not be a personal attack on others.
- Include your name at the end of your comment to enhance the credibility of and provide context to your comments.
- This forum is not to be used for commercial purposes, and the advertisement or promotion of commercial products or services is prohibited.
- Solicitations for and endorsements of political candidates on State Bar are prohibited. Requests for financial contributions to any non-State Bar entity also are prohibited.
- Do not post copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive, obscene, or otherwise illegal materials.
- The knowing posting of false or misleading information is prohibited.
- Postings shall not encourage or facilitate agreements between State Bar members concerning the following as they pertain to legal services: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers; or any other term or condition relating to competition.