Vol. 80, No. 2, February
New Wisconsin Livestock Facility Siting Law -
Teleseminar, March 7
When it comes to agriculture in Wisconsin, the landscape is always
changing. And the legal landscape is no different, due
to Wisconsin's new livestock facility siting law. Attend this State
Bar CLE teleseminar to:
Address client concerns. Be prepared to
successfully advise your agricultural clients on these changes by
this informative teleseminar - and getting a crash course in new
administrative rule ATCP 51.
Make sense of this complicated law. ATCP 51 sets
the standards for odor and water quality management on new
and expanding livestock facilities ... subject to the law. Get the
latest ins-and-outs on how to interpret these state and local livestock
facility standards through design and operation.
- Background of the law and the compromises built into the law
- General model of how the law works
- Local government options to make the law applicable
- Applicability of existing livestock facilities
- New and expanding facilities, including mixed species facilities
(such as turkey and dairy)
- Procedural requirements under law and rule
- Enforcement procedures for local government
- How ag lenders and ag investors are protected by the new law
- Sample materials - sample licensing ordinances, sample zoning
ordinance language, general DACTP background material, etc.
Date and Time: Telephone Seminar, Wednesday, March
7, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. CST. CLE and EPR credits to be determined.
To register, telephone the State Bar at (800) 728-7788 or (608)
257-3838, or visit www.wisbar.org