Dues Evaluation Committee upcoming hearing dates
- Friday, Oct. 21, 12 p.m., American Family Conference Center, 6000 American Parkway, Madison
- Friday, Oct. 21, 5:30 p.m., Plaza Hotel & Suites, 1202 W. Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire (followed by a Happy Hour hosted by Past President James Boll from 7 to 8 p.m. Complimentary beer and wine will be served.)
- Saturday, Oct. 22, 12 p.m., Radisson Hotel, 200 Harborview Plaza, La Crosse
- Friday, Nov. 18, 5:30 p.m., Hilton Milwaukee City Center, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee (followed by a Happy Hour hosted by Past President James Boll from 7 to 8 p.m. Complimentary beer and wine will be served.)
- Saturday, Nov. 19, 12 p.m., Best Western Harborside Inn, 5125 6th Ave., Kenosha
Meeting locations will be announced as they become available.
Oct. 5, 2011 – The State Bar continues its way around the state holding hearings to listen to members’ thoughts about the State Bar’s existing dues structure. The next hearings are scheduled for Oct. 21 in Madison and Eau Claire, and Oct. 22 in La Crosse.
The committee, appointed by State Bar President Jim Brennan, seeks member feedback on the current dues structure and the existing benefits and services offered by the State Bar, as well as the benefits and services that members would like the State Bar to offer (or not) in the future. The committee also is soliciting member input on whether dues should be increased to allow the State Bar to continue or expand existing benefits and services.
Committee members include: cochairs Jim Boll and Sue Collins, both of Madison; Art Harrington, Milwaukee; Kelly Nickel, Elkhorn; Jill Kastner, Milwaukee; Richard Summerfield, Bloomer; Thomas Gehl, Chicago; and Kelli Thompson, Madison.
Members in each of the seven geographic areas will receive an email notice of the time and location of the member hearings in their area. Members who are unable to attend a hearing, or who missed the meetings in Green Bay and Wausau, are invited to email their comments to the committee at org DuesEvaluation wisbar wisbar DuesEvaluation org.
The committee will review the existing dues structure, recommend to the Board of Governors whether the existing dues structure should be changed, and propose a dues policy to guide the State Bar in the future. All information being reviewed by the committee will be accessible to members through the WisBar®, the State Bar’s website. For more information.