Staying Grounded in a Fluid World
The 2020s have ushered in a lot of change so far, but one thing hasn’t changed: the State Bar of Wisconsin’s commitment to meeting the needs of Wisconsin practitioners for continuing education in the information age.
The 2021 Annual Meeting & Conference will take place virtually, and everything you need will be online, in one convenient place. Log on, and you’ll be able to attend CLE and earn credits, visit exhibitor booths, chat with speakers, participate in fun challenges for a chance to win prizes, and catch up with colleagues all within the conference’s intuitive, easy-to-navigate platform. It’s the first virtual AMC, and we’d love to see you online in June!
Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators
The Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators will hold their Annual Conference of Education in conjunction with the 2021 AMC. WALA sessions, available to all attendees, and developed specifically to meet WALA attendees’ continuing education needs will be available the afternoon of Wednesday, June 9, 2021. All registrants are welcome to attend these sessions. WALA attendees are also invited to attend the rest of the AMC education sessions and breakouts.
Judicial Education Information
In collaboration with the Director of Judicial Education, the State Bar of Wisconsin is pleased to announce that Circuit Court and Court of Appeals Judges and Supreme Court Justices can attend the VIRTUAL 2021 AMC for $0 tuition. The Director of State Courts Office will pay tuition costs for all qualified judges. This $0 option will automatically appear when you log into WisBar to register for the 2021 AMC.
Several of the 2021 AMC CLE programs were specifically developed with the needs of judicial attendees in mind, including:
- How the Rules of Professional Conduct for Attorneys Affect Judicial Decision-Making
- Secondary Trauma in the Judiciary
- Understanding the Role and Reliability of Forensic Sciences in the Courtroom
All educational programs at the 2021 AMC are eligible for judicial education credit.
This year’s conference location? Your IP address! Attend the entire AMC from the comfort of your home or office. We’re delivering the same top-notch content AMC is known for, virtually. Log on and you’re there! No need to download plug-ins or keep track of multiple links.
- Attend from wherever you’re connected to the internet on June 10 and 11
- Experience the full conference from a computer, tablet, or mobile device
- Connect with presenters, exhibitors, and State Bar leadership over chat or video
- Chat with Wisconsin lawyers and legal professionals from around the state and country
The 2021 lineup includes outstanding educational sessions, with topics that cover every practice area and experience level. Plus, engaging keynotes will make you forget there’s a screen between the “stage” and your seat.
- Earn CLE, EPR, LAU, and LPM credits (CLM for WALA members)
- Benefit from world-class plenary presentations
- Choose from dozens of sessions on hot topics
- Attend select replays of the programs, for FREE. This gives you the opportunity to earn an additional 22 CLE and 7 EPR credits.
Need a break from the daily grind? Want action items for effecting change in your firm? From fun special events to transformational plenaries, AMC 2021 is packed with useful takeaways that will ensure you leave more knowledgeable and energized.
- Gain tips, tools, and techniques for responding to the challenges affecting your practice
- Learn how you can help impact diversity, equity, and inclusion in the profession
- Feel prepared to tackle the next challenge, whether it’s your health and well-being or your client’s case
- Visit the Legal Expo and learn about products and services to streamline your practice and reduce expenses
Earn up to 11 CLE* and 7 EPR credits
Check out our winning combination of CLE on hot topics, recent trends, and timeless advice for maintaining a successful practice. Earn up to 11.0 CLE** and up to 7.0 EPR credits at two outstanding plenaries and two dozen breakout sessions.
Up to 19 ADDITIONAL CLE/7 EPR credits will be available through AMC session webcast replays. Select dates of these replays will be FREE for 2021 AMC attendees.
* Credits listed are anticipated credits, pending approval from the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners.
** WALA sessions, available to all attendees, developed specifically to meet WALA attendees' continuing education needs, will be available Wednesday afternoon. These sessions may also qualify for CLE credits for lawyers. ALL registrants are welcome to attend these events. WALA attendees are also invited to attend the rest of the AMC education sessions and breakouts.
See All Special Guests
Hon. Carl Ashley
Milwaukee County Circuit Court
Judge Valarie Bailey-Rihn
Dane County Circuit Court
Hon. Michael Fitzpatrick
Wisconsin Court of Appeals
Katherine H. Judson, JD
Center for Integrity in Forensic Sciences
Hon. Lisa Stark
Wisconsin Court of Appeals
Strang Bradley, LLC
Hon. Mary Triggiano
First Judicial Administrative District
And Many More!
First-time member attendees save an additional $100 on registration. So don’t delay, register today!
First-Time Member Attendee
State Bar of Wisconsin Certified Paralegal
Log in to receive your qualified price.
* The Director of State Courts will be paying tuition costs for Circuit Court Judges, Court of Appeals Judges, and Supreme Court Justices who wish to attend the State Bar of Wisconsin 2021 Annual Meeting & Conference
**The Wisconsin Association of Legal Administrators is underwriting the cost of WALA members who register to attend the 2021 AMC.
What's Included With Tuition?
Plenary speaker sessions • CLE breakouts • Legal Expo • Conference Breaks • Presidential Swearing-In Ceremony