Options for Giving
There are a number of ways to make a charitable gift to the Wisconsin Law Foundation:
Credit Card or Check
- Download our Gift Form to mail in with your check.
- Click on the Donate with JustGiving box (above) to be taken to a secure site to make your donation.
- Call 800-728-7788 ext. 6171 and Beth Drake will take your donation over the phone.
You can bequeath funding in the following ways:
- Estate: Name the Foundation in your will or estate plan.
- Personal Trust: Name the Foundation as a beneficiary in your personal trust. Whether you have a charitable remainder trust or other trust arrangement, you can name the Foundation to receive a portion of your estate and gain estate tax benefits.
- Insurance Policy: Designate the Foundation as beneficiary of an insurance policy.
In addition, you can give through:
- Donor-Advised and Designated Funds: Includes three types of fund contracts: 1) establishing a gift that will remain in perpetuity to support a particular law-related project, 2) naming specific programs, and 3) raising funds for a particular law-related need.
The Heritage Society
In 2003, the Wisconsin Law Foundation established the Heritage Society, which offers you the option of bequeathing funds to the Foundation's endowment fund. Earnings from the endowment fund help support valuable law-related education and other educational and public service projects.
Your estate gift can also be designated to support a specific program supported by the Foundation.
"Seventy-thousand people who are summoned for jury duty each year will benefit from your support."
- Director of State Courts
The Wisconsin Law Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization; all gifts are tax deductible to the extent provided by the law. For questions about making your gift to the Foundation, consult a tax-advisor. For more information about the Foundation, call Beth Drake at (608) 250-6171.