We are looking for a part-time (30 hours per week) administrative assistant to join our team. This position will support human resources, and provide general administrative support for the senior management team. Responsibilities range from processing payroll to attending strategic planning meetings with our members. If you enjoy variety, this is the position for you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain the employee database and process the bi-weekly payroll
- Assist in benefit administration, applicant tracking, and new hire orientation
- Coordinate meeting calendars and schedule meetings, prepare agendas and presentations, prepare and distribute meeting materials, take and transcribe minutes
- Support the Human Resources Director, Assistant Executive Director, and CFO, ensuring timely production and distribution of communications, reports, and presentations
- Provide administrative support for member-driven committees, to include strategic planning and audit committees.
- Assist in general office administration - order supplies, code invoices, process reimbursement requests, etc.
Successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- 2 years of administrative experience
- Proficiency in MSOffice products
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with co-workers, members, and others.
- Prior human resources and/or payroll experience helpful
If this sounds like the right position for you, upload your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations now! Applications will be accepted through April 26. This is a part-time, 30 hours per week position, with benefits.
The State Bar values diversity - Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply
We are seeking a creative, intelligent, detail-oriented person to work in our nationally recognized, award-winning book publishing program. The attorney editor will work closely with volunteer authors, production staff and other editors in the development and delivery of high quality legal publications for our members.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Edit manuscripts for substance, structure, and clarity; reorganize and rewrite as necessary, ensuring high quality publications.
- Prepare the content of preliminary pages, summaries of developments, indices, appendices, tables, etc. for our PINNACLE product line.
- Provide preliminary legal research and analysis to authors; clarify authors' meaning and verify accuracy of legal citations; update case and statutory law, to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant content.
- Project manage assigned projects to ensure deadlines are met: track receipt of manuscripts, coordinate the work of others involved, and provide information to authors on the publication schedule and processes.
- Foster relationships with members of the legal community, volunteers, and State Bar staff to develop a network for acquiring relevant content for PINNACLE products.
- Provide assistance and resources to authors as needed throughout the publication process, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with the marketing staff on the development of marketing material for PINNACLE products.
- Law degree
- Ability to edit complex legal materials for content, clarity, grammar, and style
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and copy editing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
Professional editing and/or appellate law clerk experience is desired along with an interest in new educational product development. An editing test will be required.
Don't miss this opportunity to work with top professionals in the legal community in the development and delivery of high-quality legal publications for Wisconsin Attorneys! Apply now: upload your cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume. Applications will be accepted through April 10.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.