We are seeking a creative, intelligent, detail-oriented person to work in our nationally recognized, award-winning book publishing program. The attorney editor will work closely with volunteer authors, production staff and other editors in the development and delivery of high quality legal publications for our members.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Edit manuscripts for substance, structure, and clarity; reorganize and rewrite as necessary, ensuring high quality publications.
- Prepare the content of preliminary pages, summaries of developments, indices, appendices, tables, etc. for our PINNACLE product line.
- Provide preliminary legal research and analysis to authors; clarify authors' meaning and verify accuracy of legal citations; update case and statutory law, to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant content.
- Project manage assigned projects to ensure deadlines are met: track receipt of manuscripts, coordinate the work of others involved, and provide information to authors on the publication schedule and processes.
- Foster relationships with members of the legal community, volunteers, and State Bar staff to develop a network for acquiring relevant content for PINNACLE products.
- Provide assistance and resources to authors as needed throughout the publication process, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with the marketing staff on the development of marketing material for PINNACLE products.
- Law degree
- Ability to edit complex legal materials for content, clarity, grammar, and style
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and copy editing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
Professional editing and/or appellate law clerk experience is desired along with an interest in new educational product development. An editing test will be required.
Don't miss this opportunity to work with top professionals in the legal community in the development and delivery of high-quality legal publications for Wisconsin Attorneys! Apply now: upload your cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume. Applications will be accepted through April 2.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position provides administrative support to our program coordinators in the delivery of critical member initiatives including Diversity & Inclusion, Client Protection Fund, law school outreach, and local and specialty bar relations, along with other key programs. Major responsibilities include…
- Coordinate the logistics for committee and division meetings, CLE programs, and other events to ensure a positive experience for our members
- Provide general program support: draft correspondence, assist in the preparation of reports, prepare print and electronic materials, and administer multiple calendars
- Assist program coordinators with the timely delivery of program elements to include member communications, research, and marketing
- Respond to member requests via phone and email
- Enter events in the State Bar membership database
- Update web content, ensuring that information is accurate and up-to-date
- Maintain email lists
- Participate in staff project teams as assigned
The ideal candidate is skilled in the use of the MSOffice Suite, is highly organized, prioritizes their work, takes initiative and ensures deadlines are met, has strong verbal and written communication skills and actively listens to what others are saying, is flexible and can adapt to changing business needs. We are looking for a team player who can build collaborative relationships with members, customers, volunteer leaders, and co-workers. At least one year prior administrative experience is required.
To apply, upload resume and cover letter, including salary expectations. Applications will be accepted through March 14.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Diverse Candidates are Encouraged to Apply
We are in search of a dynamic, creative self-starter to join our team as a Public Relations Specialist. This position serves as a key catalyst of the association's public relations program. You will work with both internal and volunteer leadership to advance the mission of the State Bar and raise its profile as a thought leader, improving stakeholder and community understanding of the organization, the legal profession, and our justice system.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and implement a public relations plan, with actionable strategies, that promotes the State Bar and its strategic priorities, strengthens the organization's credibility as an advocate for the legal profession and our justice system, and elevates the organization's work for, and on behalf of, its members and the public.
- Monitor and analyze news and industry developments to proactively identify opportunities to positively position the State Bar and its members.
- Maximize publicity opportunities for the State Bar through media releases, human-interest stories, and op-ed pieces; leverage our social media presence to get the word out.
- Develop effective institutional messaging to ensure effective communication to stakeholders. Coach State Bar leaders, volunteers and subject matter experts to effectively deliver the message through various mediums.
- Handle inbound media requests and build strong, collaborative relationships with local media contacts.
- Assist our government relations team in improving public and key stakeholders' understanding of the public policy positions of the State Bar.
- Anticipate threats to the organization's and profession's public image and develop strategies to mitigate potential damage.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in public relations journalism, communications or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of traditional, digital, and social media
- Strong verbal and written communication and research skills
- Ability to understand technical legal concepts and simplify them
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise discretion, take initiative, and follow through on projects
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to work under deadline and adapt to change
- Ability to build positive relationships with a variety of people, to include the media, top decision makers, and other stakeholders
- Prior experience developing or managing public relations plans and budgets along with professional experience with print, broadcast, and/or electronic media desired
We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits. To apply, upload resume, cover letter, including salary expectations, and writing sample by March 6.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Diverse Candidates Encouraged to Apply