We are looking for a grassroots outreach coordinator to join our government relations team. This position is a new addition to our team, and will give the right person the opportunity to both develop and implement a comprehensive outreach program, designed to achieve the State Bar's policy goals. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the government relations team to develop and administer a grassroots outreach program that raises the profile of the organization while improving relationships with key stakeholders to advance the mission of the State Bar.
- Establish a robust grassroots network, increasing member engagement in grassroots advocacy activities.
- Support, train, and educate affiliated members and partners on issues and grassroots techniques to maximize advocacy efforts.
- Establish relationships between State Bar members and their elected officials,
- Build State Bar members' knowledge of and confidence in the legislative process, lobbying, and strategic policy communication and media.
- Promote and build support for the program through various communication means including articles, briefings, memos, etc. along with social media outlets.
The ideal candidate will have a 4-year degree in a related field and 2 years experience in a government affairs setting, along with the following skills:
- Working knowledge of grassroots techniques, trends, and tools
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with the state legislative and political process
- Ability to successfully work with volunteer leaders, committees, or boards
- Highly organized, with the ability manage and meet multiple project deadlines
- Critical thinking skills
- Articulate and professional manner, superior interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to travel to offsite meetings, including evening and weekend events
Interested candidates should upload their cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are searching for an outgoing professional to work directly with our practice-related sections to advance the State Bar's mission through the development, delivery, and management of innovative programs, services, and events. This position will guide the section membership in strategic planning and budgeting, along with hands-on implementation of initiatives.
Ideal candidates will have strong, demonstrated experience with relationship building and leading groups to find the common ground among varied opinions. Strong customer service skills, the ability to establish priorities and meet goals, effective communication skills, and a can-do attitude are necessary to succeed in this position. In-state travel (up to 15%) required, typically during business hours.
The coordinator will:
- Work to continually strengthen and enhance the overall relationship between the State Bar and its sections with a focus on shared mission and purpose
- Manage sections through active participation in strategic planning, marketing, budget planning and monitoring, meeting and event attendance, and daily administration
- Plan and manage section and program growth and expansion to ensure that State Bar initiatives respond to member needs and deliver value
- Build collaborative relationships with section board members, State Bar volunteer leaders, bar associations, co-workers, and others
- Identify, set, and track standards that ensure efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services to meet section, Council, and State Bar goals
- Develop communication strategies that promote the State Bar's services to sections and members
- Set-up, plan, and administer Continued Legal Education (CLE) seminars for section members on topics in their practice areas
Ideal candidates will possess:
- 4-year degree
- Excellent relationship building skills with proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy when working through sensitive issues
- Experience with strategic planning and budget
- Proficient with MSOffice products
- Ability to travel (up to 15%)
To apply, submit resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer