We are seeking a creative, intelligent, detail-oriented person to work in our nationally recognized, award-winning book publishing program. The attorney editor will work closely with volunteer authors, production staff and other editors in the development and delivery of high quality legal publications for our members.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Edit manuscripts for substance, structure, and clarity; reorganize and rewrite as necessary, ensuring high quality publications.
- Prepare the content of preliminary pages, summaries of developments, indices, appendices, tables, etc. for our PINNACLE product line.
- Provide preliminary legal research and analysis to authors; clarify authors' meaning and verify accuracy of legal citations; update case and statutory law, to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant content.
- Project manage assigned projects to ensure deadlines are met: track receipt of manuscripts, coordinate the work of others involved, and provide information to authors on the publication schedule and processes.
- Foster relationships with members of the legal community, volunteers, and State Bar staff to develop a network for acquiring relevant content for PINNACLE products.
- Provide assistance and resources to authors as needed throughout the publication process, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with the marketing staff on the development of marketing material for PINNACLE products.
- Law degree
- Ability to edit complex legal materials for content, clarity, grammar, and style
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and copy editing
- Proficiency in MSWord
Professional editing and/or appellate law clerk experience is desired along with an interest in new educational product development. An editing test will be required.
Don't miss this opportunity to work with top professionals in the legal community in the development and delivery of high-quality legal publications for Wisconsin Attorneys! Apply now: upload your cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume. Applications will be accepted through May 6.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are an outgoing, energetic individual who enjoys working with diverse groups of people, the Program Coordinator position is for you! This position will give you the opportunity to work directly with State Bar members in the development, delivery and management of innovative and valued law-related programs, services and events in a fast-paced and varied environment: No two days are the same!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with State Bar divisions and committees, guiding members in the management of their programs and assisting them with strategic planning, marketing, and budgeting activities.
- Plan, implement and deliver innovative programs such as the Greater Wisconsin Initiative Bus Tour, building relationships with local bars throughout the state.
- Be instrumental in the successful planning of the Wisconsin Bar Leaders Conference and the Young Lawyers Conference.
- Oversee the Bar Admissions Ceremony for lawyers newly sworn into practice, and convey the value of membership.
- Cross over into serving the public through the administration of the Fee Arbitration Program; answering calls about the program, passing on information regarding case status, and forwarding decisions to participating parties.
- Work collaboratively not only with colleagues across departments and with State Bar members, but also with volunteer leaders and members of local and specialty bar associations, fostering relationships and leveraging ideas.
Along with being able to build relationships and effectively work with volunteers, the ideal candidate will be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, have experience with event planning, and bring a positive work ethic and attitude to the team. 4-year degree is required. Some travel and weekend work is associated with the position.
To apply, upload cover letter and resume.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
We’re searching for the right Web Developer – who has the skills and drive and is looking for an outlet for all that talent – to help us develop, design and maintain our website, wisbar.org, a premier resource of information for Wisconsin’s legal community and the public. You’ll work closely with our web team providing the coding, programming and testing needed to keep our site fresh and functioning into the future.
Major responsibilities include:
- Development and design of SharePoint business features and solutions using Microsoft .NET development
- Research, recommend and deploy web technologies for integrating non-SharePoint related services into SharePoint and eCommerce applications to support interactivity and enhance functionality
- Develop, modify and maintain customized applications and data structures
- Work across departments to review requirements, deliverables, and project deadlines for business system applications and tools
- Maintain standards for maintenance and security that ensure system uptimes and data integrity for the organization’s enterprise application systems and websites
Skills you will need coming in:
- ASP.Net (C#), SQL development
- Experience with various web authoring and design tools
- Sharp analytical and problem-avoidance know-how
- Ability to communicate your great ideas effectively
- Ability to lead the complete software development lifecycle
- 2 years experience is desired, but we will consider recent college grads who have a solid understanding of developing websites and applications
Other skills that will help you land the job:
- SharePoint experience
- eCommerce experience
This is a full-time, salaried position located in our Madison, WI office. We offer a business casual work environment with “Casual Mondays”, competitive salaries, and a generous benefit package. If this position sounds right to you – we want to hear from you!
To apply, upload your resume and cover letter, including URLs and coding examples of your work along with salary requirements.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.