We are seeking a creative, intelligent, detail-oriented person to work in our nationally recognized, award-winning book publishing program. The attorney editor will work closely with volunteer authors, production staff and other editors in the development and delivery of high quality legal publications for our members.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Edit manuscripts for substance, structure, and clarity; reorganize and rewrite as necessary, ensuring high quality publications.
- Prepare the content of preliminary pages, summaries of developments, indices, appendices, tables, etc. for our PINNACLE product line.
- Provide preliminary legal research and analysis to authors; clarify authors' meaning and verify accuracy of legal citations; update case and statutory law, to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant content.
- Project manage assigned projects to ensure deadlines are met: track receipt of manuscripts, coordinate the work of others involved, and provide information to authors on the publication schedule and processes.
- Foster relationships with members of the legal community, volunteers, and State Bar staff to develop a network for acquiring relevant content for PINNACLE products.
- Provide assistance and resources to authors as needed throughout the publication process, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with the marketing staff on the development of marketing material for PINNACLE products.
- Law degree
- Ability to edit complex legal materials for content, clarity, grammar, and style
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and copy editing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
Professional editing and/or appellate law clerk experience is desired, but not required, along with an interest in new educational product development. An editing test will be required.
Don't miss this opportunity to work with top professionals in the legal community in the development and delivery of high-quality legal publications for Wisconsin Attorneys! Apply now: upload your cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume. Applications will be accepted through October 19.
The State Bar values diversity - Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.