We have an opening for a part time accountant to support our finance team in the delivery of accurate and timely financial information to staff and members. This position will focus on general ledger and financial statement preparation and analysis, budget and financial projections, and act as the main contact for our auditors.
At 30-hours per week, and with flexible scheduling options, this is an excellent opportunity for those looking to work less hours and be a valued contributor.
Ideal candidates will bring:
- BA in accounting, or equivalent on-the-job experience
- A minimum of 2 years of general ledger accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience and understanding of audit processes
- Proven ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- CPA desired but not required
Those who are internally driven to provide quality work are encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive salary, along with benefits and a flexible work schedule. To apply, upload your resume and cover letter, along with salary expectations.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
The State Bar of Wisconsin has a managerial position available in our member services department. The manager will lead a six-person team in their mission to develop and deliver member-focused programs through the work of State Bar committees, sections, and divisions. If you have experience with program development and implementation, along with an interest in serving the legal community, you should consider applying. This is an excellent opportunity to work side-by-side with your team and passionate attorney members in their quest to deliver valued professional services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the member services division, implementing processes that assure member satisfaction and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop an effective, efficient and creative team to ensure their success and the success of their programs.
- Plan and manage growth and expansion of programs to ensure they respond to the needs of members and the public and continue to provide value.
- Build collaborative relationships with members, volunteer leaders, local and specialty bar associations, internal departments and co-workers.
- Oversee the work of our sections, divisions, and committees, including various projects and programs, ensuring objectives are met.
- Contribute to the overall operation of the State Bar as a member of the management team.
- Help facilitate strategic planning efforts with members and staff.
The qualifications that will make you a successful candidate include:
- 4 year degree
- 5 years relevant experience in program development and delivery along with 3 years supervisory experience
- Leadership skills, including the ability to make decisions, manage conflict, and build consensus
- Ability to develop and lead a team
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Prior experience with strategic business planning, budget planning and management
- Strong verbal, written communication and listening skills
- Ability to establish priorities to set and accomplish goals
- Innovative and flexible with respect to changing and challenging business environments
- Strong organization, negotiation, and customer service skills
- Ability to travel, mostly in-state
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, upload your resume and cover letter, with salary expectations. Applications will be accepted through January 15.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
The program assistant works with our practice section program coordinators to ensure the successful development and delivery of innovative and valued law-related programs, services and events for Wisconsin attorneys.
This position provides administrative support for various practice sections and their boards. Key responsibilities include…
- Coordinate the logistics for section meetings, CLE programs, and events to ensure a positive experience for our members
- Provide general program support: maintain master calendar and files, draft correspondence, assist in the preparation of reports, take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Assist program coordinators with the timely delivery of program elements to include member communications, research, and marketing
- Respond to member requests
- Set up events in the State Bar membership database
- Update web content, ensuring that information is accurate and up-to-date
- Maintain Lyris email lists
- Assist with other member services projects as they arise
The ideal candidate is skilled in the use of the MSOffice Suite, is highly organized, prioritizes their work and ensures deadlines are met, has strong verbal and written communication skills and actively listens to what others are saying, is flexible and can adapt to changing business needs. We are looking for a team player, who can build collaborative relationships with members, customers, volunteer leaders, and co-workers. A 2-year degree or equivalent work experience, to include 3 years of administrative experience, is required.
To apply, upload resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer