State Bar of Wisconsin Web Producer
The State Bar of Wisconsin is in search of a collaborative and motivated Web Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is flexible, excited to learn new technology and enjoys the challenge of working in a small IT shop. This person will value excellent customer service and providing our end users with an easy and intuitive interface. This is an entry level position. Some experience is needed but we equally value teamwork, attitude and aptitude.
Who We Are
The State Bar of Wisconsin is a professional association, created by the Wisconsin Supreme Court, for all attorneys who hold a Wisconsin law license. With more than 25,000 members, the State Bar exists to serve its members and the public by promoting the law and access to justice. We aid the courts in improving the administration of justice, provide continuing legal education and other services for our members, support the education of law students, and educate the public about the legal system. The State Bar of Wisconsin also provides public services -- such as attorney referrals and public education – and supports programs that provide reduced-fee legal assistance for low-income state residents.
What You Will Love
- Working with a collaborative, small IT team where you will be challenged, can take on a variety of projects and learn as you go.
- We're a vision forward organization that uses technology in many creative ways. We are Microsoft shop with continual progression in the use of current and modern technology solutions.
- The people and the culture! We care about our work, our members, and our colleagues. We work hard, but we also make time for fun as an organization. When pandemics aren't happening, we've enjoyed time together in-person at holiday dinners, multicultural potlucks, and trivia competitions. Most recently, we've gotten together for fun events like virtual Bingo, Irish music and a cooking class over Zoom.
- Working with a mission-driven organization that acts with integrity, promotes justice, and addresses systemic racism and implicit bias in the legal system.
- Flexibility and Team Support. Like our state's motto, your colleagues at the State Bar want to see you move “Forward" and grow in your career. We offer flexibility and encourage and support professional development opportunities. Your growth contributes to our team and the organization's growth.
What You Will Do
- Actively work with the front-end designer, IS staff, and other State Bar staff to develop and maintain content and documents for the web.
- Convert documents to HTML or other formats including cleanup of HTML code to conform to W3C standards.
- Write, edit, proofread, and copyedit web content, including quality assurance validation and go live approvals.
- Help write new online content, deploy solutions for SEO optimization and increased user engagement.
- Integrate social media and community tools into designated content areas and pages.
- Prepare or create new page layouts and templates, position and space articles, illustrations and web parts including implementation and design.
- Maintain style standards in HTML and other code. Maintain CSS for style updates and changes.
- Plan and build microsites
- Address website-based help desk tickets and monitor the website for technical problems.
What We Are Looking For
- Two year degree in computer systems or equivalent work experience
- Experience with web content management system(s) (e.g. SharePoint 2019, Kentico)
- Proven proficiency in web page design, troubleshooting and/or technical support
- Proven proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Ability to work independently and effectively, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the State Bar by modeling integrity, teamwork, quality, ownership and displays a commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Compensation and Benefits
The State Bar of Wisconsin offers competitive compensation with merit increases and excellent benefits including generous vacation and sick time, excellent health and dental insurance, 10 paid holidays, flexibility, and an 8% 401(k) contribution!!
How To Apply
To apply, visit www.wisbar.org/careers to upload your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations. This position will be posted until it is filled but priority will be given to applicants who submit early, so don't wait. Apply today!
The State Bar of Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and seeks to create a supportive, welcoming community for all. Candidates who share these values and reflect the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.