State Bar of Wisconsin Receptionist
The State Bar of Wisconsin has an opening for a friendly, positive and reliable person to fill our Receptionist role after an internal promotion. This person is the face of the organization as they create a welcoming and inviting environment for all visitors to the building, ensuring a successful and valuable experience while also supporting the administrative needs of the organization. This is a highly visible role that will interact with our members and all employees so we are looking for someone with an approachable and calm demeanor that can work positively with a multitude of people.
Who We Are
The State Bar of Wisconsin is a professional association, created by the Wisconsin Supreme Court, for all attorneys who hold a Wisconsin law license. With more than 25,000 members, the State Bar exists to serve its members and the public by promoting the law and access to justice. We aid the courts in improving the administration of justice, provide continuing legal education and other services for our members, support the education of law students, and educate the public about the legal system. The State Bar of Wisconsin also provides public services -- such as attorney referrals and public education – and supports programs that provide reduced-fee legal assistance for low-income state residents.
What You Will Love
- Being the friendly face of the organization by creating a welcoming environment and positive first impression of the organization.
- Variety! This role does a little bit of everything and can help any department in the organization. One day you might be setting up a room for 100 guests and the next you could be creating a PowerPoint, transcribing an interview or placing catering orders.
- Working with a mission-driven organization that acts with integrity, promotes justice, and addresses systemic racism and implicit bias in the legal system.
- The people and the culture! We care about our work, our members, and our colleagues. We value work/life balance and offer excellent benefits and flexibility to support our employees and their families.
What You Will Do
- Greet and assist all visitors to the Bar Center, projecting a welcoming and inviting environment.
- Ensure the lobby and building entrance are secure, neat, maintained and presentable including plant care, holiday decorations, organization of storage areas, and the use of building security system.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and successful meeting experiences creating both internal and external customer satisfaction for members, the public, vendors, and contractors.
- Coordinate internal meetings at the Bar Center to include reserving space and equipment through Outlook, room set-up, reserving hotel rooms, arranging catering, and being the point of contact the day of the event.
- Help with room set-up and meeting preparation such as providing necessary meeting supplies and moving tables and chairs to accommodate meeting needs. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs., lift and carry chairs and unload and set-up tables.
- Provide beverage service and meal service for Bar Center events. Work closely with caterers, place orders, receive deliveries and clean up after events.
- Provide administrative support to the organization by assisting with routine administrative duties and project work as assigned such as creating letters, PowerPoints, doing dictation, processing invoices, scheduling meetings and more. Use of Microsoft Office software daily.
- Order office supplies, mailings, stuffing envelopes, receiving packages and deliveries.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong, positive interpersonal and customer skills (i.e.: friendly, welcoming, self-starting, self-supervising, even temperament, dependable)
- Ability to communicate in friendly and calm manner with diverse groups of people
- Strong team player who is flexible and can adapt to many different work situations and is happy to help and take on work assignments from a variety of people whenever help is needed.
- Reliable, dependable and punctual
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Prefer experience with customer databases, Adobe, editing pdf's and making fillable forms.
- Ability to work in the office Monday-Friday from 7:45 am to 4:45 pm with a 1-hour lunch.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting wage is $16-$19 per hour, depending on experience, with the ability to grow. The State Bar of Wisconsin offers excellent benefits including:
• 3 weeks of paid vacation per year
• 2 weeks of paid sick time per year
• Excellent and low-cost health and dental insurance
• Fully paid life and long-term disability insurance
• 10 paid holidays plus 2 personal days
• Volunteer time off
• Hybrid work schedules and flexibility
• 8% 401(k) contribution!!
• The State Bar is also a “qualified employer" for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
How To Apply
To apply, upload your resume and cover letter. This position will be posted until it is filled but priority will be given to applicants who submit early, so don't wait. Apply today!
The State Bar of Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and seeks to create a supportive, welcoming environment for all. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it's the right thing to do and it makes us stronger. Candidates who share these values and reflect the rich diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.