- Retirement Adrift: Financial Elder Abuse
- Investor abuse is at an all-time high and elderly investors and retirees are especially vulnerable. For investors who lose money due to stockbroker misconduct, there are options for recovery through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority or state andfederal courts.
- P.O.D.s May Thwart Testators’ Intent: It’s What Mom Wanted
- Some features of Wisconsin law may undermine a decedent’s true wishes, rather than advance them. Estate-planning attorneys should advise clients about the potential pitfalls of using payable-on-death designations to make changes to their estate plans.
- As I See It: A Passion for Pro Bono: What’s Stopping You?
- We’re all busy, but providing pro bono legal services doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. Here, lawyers experienced with the practical, and sometimes political, challenges posed by pro bono work offer tips to get involved in pro bono work.