BEFORE THE ARBITRATOR
In the Matter of the Arbitration of a Dispute Between
WISCONSIN PROFESSIONAL POLICE ASSOCIATION/
LAW ENFORCEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS DIVISION
Ms. Lorette Pionke, Assistant Corporation Counsel, Kenosha County, 1010-56th Street, Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140, appeared on behalf of the County.
Mr. Mark R. Hollinger, Wisconsin Professional Police Association/LEER Division, 340 Coyier Lane, Madison, Wisconsin 53713, appeared on behalf of the Union.
On February 7, 2006, Kenosha County and the Kenosha County Deputy Sheriff's Union, WPPA, filed a request with the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission, seeking to have the Commission appoint William C. Houlihan, a member of its staff, to hear and decide a matter pending between the parties. A hearing was scheduled for May 4, 2006 in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
The captioned grievance is resolved as follows:
(1) All hours worked for the Country Thunder Festival are accumulated by bargaining unit members, divided by eight (8) and rounded down to the nearest ½ hour. That number is paid as overtime.
(2) This agreement is applicable to the Country Thunder Festival only, and only for the years 2006 and 2007. It is not otherwise applicable.
(3) The County makes no admission of wrongdoing nor of any violation of contract or past practice.
(4) The Association withdraws any claim for travel reimbursement for the 2005 Country Thunder Festival by the withdrawal of its Grievance 05-389.
(5) The assignment of regular and temporary reporting locations shall be made at the sole discretion of the Sheriff, except as provided by this Agreement.
Dated at Madison, Wisconsin, this 9th day of May, 2006.
William C. Houlihan, Arbitrator