BEFORE THE ARBITRATOR
In the Matter of the Arbitration of a Dispute Between
TAYLOR COUNTY COURTHOUSE AND
HUMAN SERVICES DEPARTMENT
LOCAL 3679, AFSCME, AFL-CIO
The above-captioned parties, herein AUnion@ and ACounty@, are signatories to a
bargaining agreement providing for final and binding arbitration. Pursuant thereto, hearing
in Medford, Wisconsin, on July 16, 1998. The hearing was not transcribed and I there
issued a bench
decision which this Award augments. Based on the entire record and the arguments of the
I issue the following Award.
1. The County henceforth will notify the Union president in writing of any
newly-created bargaining unit positions and the proposed wage rates for said positions within
(7) calendar days after said positions have been jointly approved by the County=s Personnel
Committee and Finance Committee.
2. Thereafter, if said newly-created positions are subsequently approved by the
County Board, the County will notify the Union president in writing of said positions and it
post said positions for at least fourteen (14) calendar days following said notification, during
time it will negotiate with the Union over the wages, hours, and conditions of employment
3. If the parties do not reach agreement on said wages, hours, and conditions of
employment within said 14-day period, the subsequent posting for said positions shall clearly
that they are being negotiated with the Union. Said postings shall set forth the respective
of the parties over what the proposed wage rate should be.
4. If the County does not comply with these notice and posting provisions, it
any said position.
Dated at Madison, Wisconsin this 23rd day of July, 1998.
Amedeo Greco, Arbitrator