In the Matter of the Arbitration
of a Dispute Between
MARINETTE COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFF'S ASSOCIATION, WISCONSIN PROFESSIONAL POLICE ASSOCIATION/LEER DIVISION
Mr. Richard Thal, General Counsel, and Mr. Gary Wisbrocker, Business Agent, on behalf of the Union.
Corporation Counsel Chester Stauffacher, on behalf of the County.
The above-entitled parties, herein "Union" and "County", are privy to a collective bargaining agreement providing for final and binding arbitration. Pursuant thereto, hearing was held in Marinette, Wisconsin, on May 28, 1997. There, the parties agreed that I should issue a "bench decision", which this Award augments. Based upon the record and the position of the parties, I issue the following Award.
I find that this dispute should be resolved as follows:
1. Grievant William R. Knuth is to sign a letter of resignation effective May 28, 1997.
2. The County is to prepare a letter for Knuth's prospective employers stating that he has worked as a Deputy Sheriff for the County from June 15, 1987, to May 28, 1997.
3. Knuth is to sign a release covering any and all claims stemming from his termination.
4. Knuth shall receive a lump sum payment of $10,000 from the County, minus normal deductions, by June 13, 1997.
5. The parties are not to discuss the underlying merits of this dispute with the press other than to say that I have issued an Award in this matter.
Dated at Madison, Wisconsin, this 5th day of June, 1997.
By Amedeo Greco /s/
Amedeo Greco, Arbitrator