Monroe County (Human Services Department)
W.E.R.C. Case #103
No. 49214, MA-7862
February 10, 1994
The following constitutes a full disposition of the grievance filed in this
(1) Employees who have claims arising between October 25,
today's date shall come forward with those claims no later than
February 23, 1994.
(2) A claim shall be defined as a request for compensation
calls taken and/or made outside normal working hours, while the
employee is on call. The call or calls and accompanying paperwork
must last for 30 minutes to qualify for compensation. A call may
consist of a single call or a series of calls arising out of a
(3) Any dispute over the legitimacy of a claim will be
arbitration. The parties will seek an expedited award.
(4) Compensation for claims, as defined in paragraphs (1)
and (2) above
will be in cash.
(5) Future claims for compensation for calls taken/made
employee is on call shall be for calls (or a series of calls
originating from a single incident) which take at least 30 minutes
to handle. Compensation under this paragraph shall be awarded in
compensatory time only.
(6) Any time or money provided under the Sections of this
Award will be
rounded to the nearest quarter hour. [This only applies for time
worked in excess of 30 minutes.]
(7) This Award is not intended to apply to or interpret the
of Article VIII, Section 2.
(8) This Award is non-precedential and should not be read to
Dated at Madison, Wisconsin this 10th day of February, 1994.
By William C. Houlihan /s/
William C. Houlihan, Arbitrator