In the Matter of the Arbitration
of a Dispute Between
LODGE NO. 487 of the INTERNATIONAL
BROTHERHOOD OF BOILERMAKERS,
IRON SHIPBUILDERS, BLACKSMITHS,
FORGERS AND HELPERS, AFL-CIO,
KEWAUNEE ENGINEERING CORPORATION
Mr. Casper Green, International Representative, on behalf of the Union.
Godfrey & Kahn, S.C., by Mr. Dennis W. Rader, on behalf of the Company.
The above-entitled parties, herein the Union and Company, are privy to a collective bargaining agreement providing for final and binding arbitration. Hearing was held on July 14, 1992, at Kewaunee, Wisconsin, where the parties agreed to the following Consent Award.
1. The Company will create a new Tool-Crib/ Calibrator-Technician position.
2. Grievant Dale Veeser will be awarded that position without any posting.
3. Dale Veeser shall be paid an additional 25 cents an hour for all hours worked on a given day if, at any time during that day, he performs any calibrating-inspecting duties.
4. Dale Veeser shall be paid said premium for all days worked from February 4, 1992, the date he filed the instant grievance, to the present.
5. Dale Veeser is not entitled to perform any other calibrating-inspecting duties other than those that he has performed in the past and which led to this grievance.
In order to resolve any questions regarding application of this Award, I shall retain jurisdiction for at least thirty (30) days.
Dated at Madison, Wisconsin this 31st day of July, 1992.
By Amedeo Greco /s/
Amedeo Greco, Arbitrator