In the Matter of the Arbitration
of a Dispute Between
LOCAL 3739, AFSCME, AFL-CIO
MARINETE COUNTY (PINE VIEW HEALTH CARE CENTER)
(Ida Moraga Discipline)
Mr. Jack Bernfeld, Staff Representative, Council 40, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, 5 Odana Court, Madison WI 53719.
Mr. James Murphy, Corporation Counsel, Marinette County, Post Office Box 320, Marinette, WI 54143.
Local 3739, Wisconsin Council 40, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, and Marinette County submitted a dispute concerning the termination of Ida Moraga to the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission for arbitration. The undersigned was designated as arbitrator. A hearing was held at the Marinette County Courthouse on January 7, 1992. In mediation prior to the hearing, the parties reached agreement on the resolution of the grievance and authorized the undersigned to issue a consent award. Having reviewed the terms and finding them fully consistent with the collective bargaining agreement, the undersigned issues the following
1. The termination of Ida Moraga will be rescinded;
2. Ida Moraga resigns effective August 27, 1991;
3. The following verbal/written reprimand will be placed in Ida Moraga's personnel file:
Dear Ms. Moraga:
With respect to the incident on August 24, 1991, be informed that Pine View management regards your conduct as completely unacceptable. This letter should be taken as a strong reprimand.
4. Ida Moraga will be paid $1,192.00 in settlement of all tort and tort-like claims arising from her employment and resignation from Pine View. This payment will be by separate check on 1/07/92;
5. In consenting to this Award, the parties make no admissions. This Award is non-precedential.
Signed this 7th day of January, 1992 at Marinette, Wisconsin:
Daniel J. Nielsen /s/
Daniel J. Nielsen, Arbitrator