If you have the ability to build relationships and work with diverse groups of people, this is an opportunity for you! You will work directly with law school administrators and law school students to raise awareness of the benefits of State Bar student membership, supporting discreet programs such as our Diversity Clerkship Program and our Ready.Set.Practice. Mentoring Program, striving to prepare new attorneys as they begin their practice.
Working directly with the public and the Wisconsin Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection Committee, you will be the key contact for administering the Fund for Client Protection, a fund created by the Wisconsin Supreme Court in 1981 to provide reimbursement to clients who have incurred financial losses due to the misappropriation of money or property entrusted to their attorney, helping to restore their trust in the legal profession.
This is an excellent opportunity to directly impact the State Bar's mission to support our members in a dynamic and diverse society in delivering valued legal services, promoting access to justice, and pursuing professional satisfaction.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and manage a comprehensive law student outreach plan
- Foster relationships with the University of Wisconsin and Marquette University Law Schools and promote opportunities for the State Bar to showcase resources that serve law students
- Manage the State Bar's summer Diversity Clerkship Program with an eye to increasing the participation of both employers and students
- Guide various State Bar committees and divisions through active participation in the management of law-related programs, strategic planning activities, budget creation and monitoring
- Plan and manage program growth and expansion, ensuring that State Bar initiatives respond to member needs and continue to add value to membership
- Administer the Wisconsin Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection: process claims submitted by the public, answer calls about the program and the status of processed claims, compile documents and information provided by the participating parties to be provided to the Wisconsin Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection Committee, and forward decisions to applicants
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with members, customers, volunteer leaders, bar associations and others
Key capabilities include the proven ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and accomplish goals; politically astute and able to work through sensitive issues; a strong work ethic and positive attitude. Prior experience with event and/or program planning and a 4-year degree required; law school degree preferred. Prior experience working with diversity initiatives helpful.
To apply, upload resume along with cover letter and salary expectations. Applications will be accepted through August 30.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Looking to put your creativity to work? Do you enjoy the creative side of web design and possess the tech skills that make that creativity come to life? Then we need to talk! In our collaborative, small team environment, you will have the opportunity to use all your skills in the design and implementation of new and innovative solutions to enhance our web presence.
As our web designer, you will meet with internal clients to conceptualize, design, and implement web solutions that support the association, serving Wisconsin attorneys in their mission to provide valued professional services and promote access to justice.
You will have an integral role with:
- Planning requirements, deliverables, design mockups and project deadlines for new and enhanced web solutions
- Managing site structure and design, creating a framework consistent with our mission and goals, working closely with our marketing team to ensure consistent branding practices
- Monitoring and improving website visibility in search engines and engaging new SEO strategies
- Providing Quality Assurance monitoring and customer support
Qualified candidates will be able to creatively approach challenges, present innovative solutions and oversee a project team through implementation. Technical skills that will lead to your success include:
- Experience with structuring, developing, implementing and maintaining websites
- Knowledge and experience managing web hosting services or applications
- Experience with various web development, authoring and design/image tools
- Familiarity with W3C web and accessibility standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
Two year degree in web design/information technology or equivalent web design and implementation experience required, SharePoint experience helpful.
This is a full time, permanent position, no contract work. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
To apply, upload cover letter with salary expectations, along with your resume and samples of recent work product.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.