Claims Were Approved For Clients of:
- Joan Marie Boyd, Shawano (one claim for unearned advanced fees, $2,000)
- Anne E. Brown, Eau Claire (one claim for unearned advanced fees, $2,000)
- Sean D. Cooper, Milwaukee (eight claims for unearned advanced fees totaling $8,926)
- William R. Lamb, Menomonie (one claim for unearned advanced fees, $9,220)
- Willie J. Nunnery, Madison (one claim for unearned advanced fees, $750)
- Gerald D. Stange, Wausau (five claims for theft from an estate and unearned advanced fees, totaling $10,137.13)
March 20, 2013 – The Wisconsin Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection Committee approved $33,033 in reimbursements to 17 victims of lawyer theft at its March meeting. The committee considered 35 claims, denied 10 claims, and deferred eight to its May 7, 2013, meeting. The dollar amount sought for the deferred claims totals $274,141.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court established the fund in 1981 to reimburse people who lost money through dishonest acts of Wisconsin attorneys. Reimbursement decisions are made at the discretion of the committee, which meets three times a year.
For more information about the fund, contact org kwenzel wisbar Kris Wenzel or call (800) 444-9404, ext. 6185, or (608) 250-6185.