- Enjoy a late summer getaway during the 2016 Health, Labor, and Employment Law Institute at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells August 18-19. Get discounted room rates when you reserve a room before July 18.
- Hotel reservation deadline is July 4 for the 35th Annual Family Law Workshop, Aug. 4-6 in Sturgeon Bay. Enjoy a late summer getaway in beautiful Door County while experiencing camaraderie with fellow lawyers, family court commissioners, and judges.
- The 1th Annual Door County Intellectual Property Academy - July 14 & 15 in Sturgeon Bay - features judges, leading in-house counselors, professors, and IP subject matter experts presenting best-in-class IP CLE sessions. Register today!
- Hiring and Firing in Wisconsin gives you a comprehensive overview of the laws governing employee screening, hiring, and employment termination from both state and federal perspectives. The new 6th edition is now available - order yours today!
- Fail to follow civil procedure and your case could be lost before it even gets to trial. Wisconsin Civil Procedure Before Trial is your guide to successfully navigating the complex rules governing litigataion. It's newly updated for 2016 so you'll have the latest case law to reference. Get yours now!
Register of Deeds Fees May Increase
Governor Walker has proposed increasing the fee for recording or filing most legal instruments with a county Register of Deeds from $25 to $30 in the 2013-15 biennial budget.
Attorneys Ask Congress to Raise the Bar for Legal Funding
Members of the American Bar Association flocked to Capitol Hill last week for ABA Day, an annual event that gives participants an opportunity to lobby their members of Congress for improved civil legal services and adequate funding of the judiciary.
State Bar Supports Funding to Protect Victims
The State Bar of Wisconsin, along with the Wisconsin Access to Justice Commission, is asking the Joint Committee on Finance to reinstate funding for civil legal services in the biennial budget.