- Enjoy a late summer getaway during the 2016 Health, Labor, and Employment Law Institute at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells August 18-19. Get discounted room rates when you reserve a room before July 18.
- Hotel reservation deadline is July 4 for the 35th Annual Family Law Workshop, Aug. 4-6 in Sturgeon Bay. Enjoy a late summer getaway in beautiful Door County while experiencing camaraderie with fellow lawyers, family court commissioners, and judges.
- The 1th Annual Door County Intellectual Property Academy - July 14 & 15 in Sturgeon Bay - features judges, leading in-house counselors, professors, and IP subject matter experts presenting best-in-class IP CLE sessions. Register today!
- Hiring and Firing in Wisconsin gives you a comprehensive overview of the laws governing employee screening, hiring, and employment termination from both state and federal perspectives. The new 6th edition is now available - order yours today!
- Fail to follow civil procedure and your case could be lost before it even gets to trial. Wisconsin Civil Procedure Before Trial is your guide to successfully navigating the complex rules governing litigataion. It's newly updated for 2016 so you'll have the latest case law to reference. Get yours now!
Children in School:
Bullying: Fighting Back
Bullying in school is particularly hard to combat, because children generally do not have the option of avoiding the problem by changing locations. Read how schools, parents, and communities are fighting back against bullying.
Where Immigration and Children’s Law Meet
Family and children’s law attorneys must determine whether a child is a U.S. citizen early in any proceeding to preserve a noncitizen child’s eligibility for citizenship or immigration status.
Making Medical Decisions for Minors
Parents or legal guardians are vested with the power to make medical decisions for their minor children or wards, but this power is not absolute. Recent Wisconsin Supreme Court decisions show that medical decision-making for minors can pose knotty legal and ethical dilemmas.