- Enjoy a late summer getaway during the 2016 Health, Labor, and Employment Law Institute at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells August 18-19. Get discounted room rates when you reserve a room before July 18.
- Hotel reservation deadline is July 4 for the 35th Annual Family Law Workshop, Aug. 4-6 in Sturgeon Bay. Enjoy a late summer getaway in beautiful Door County while experiencing camaraderie with fellow lawyers, family court commissioners, and judges.
- The 11th Annual Door County Intellectual Property Academy - July 14 & 15 in Sturgeon Bay - features judges, leading in-house counselors, professors, and IP subject matter experts presenting best-in-class IP CLE sessions. Register today!
- Hiring and Firing in Wisconsin gives you a comprehensive overview of the laws governing employee screening, hiring, and employment termination from both state and federal perspectives. The new 6th edition is now available - order yours today!
- Fail to follow civil procedure and your case could be lost before it even gets to trial. Wisconsin Civil Procedure Before Trial is your guide to successfully navigating the complex rules governing litigataion. It's newly updated for 2016 so you'll have the latest case law to reference. Get yours now!
Supreme Court Digest
In this column, Prof. Daniel Blinka and Prof. Thomas Hammer summarize all decisions of the Wisconsin Supreme Court (except those involving lawyer or judicial discipline).
Court of Appeals Digest
In this column, Profs. Daniel D. Blinka and Thomas J. Hammer summarize select published opinions of the Wisconsin Court of Appeals. Full-text decisions are linked below.
These summaries are provided by the Office of Lawyer Regulation (OLR), an agency of the Wisconsin Supreme Court. The OLR assists the court in supervising the practice of law and protecting the public from misconduct by lawyers.
Energy Upgrades: Creative Financing for Commercial Property
Projects to gain energy efficiency to reduce costs are top of mind for commercial building owners, but financing through traditional lending practices is hard to come by. Property Assessed Clean Energy programs are a new statutory financing mechanism that provides a new opportunity for general-practice attorneys to offer building-efficiency upgrade solutions for a variety of clients.
Your State Bar
The Gift of Leadership
As you ponder your year-end giving, George Brown suggests making a gift to the Wisconsin Law Foundation to support programs that help develop tomorrow’s leaders.
Grit: A Critical Success Strategy
Everyone falls down sometimes, but not everyone gets up and keeps going. Paula Davis-Laack says the crucial difference is grit, which helps you overcome stumbles and continue toward long-term goals.