Madison dates and topics
- Nov. 9, afternoon, Keeping the Family Home
- Nov. 10, full day, Social Security Disability & SSI
- Nov. 11, full day, Family Law –Basic
- Nov. 11, full day, Family Law–Intermediate
Pewaukee dates and topics
- Nov. 16, full day, Tenants’ Rights
- Nov. 17, full day, Consumer Law
- Nov. 18, morning, Collecting on Judgments
- Nov. 18, afternoon, Elder Law
- Nov. 18, afternoon, Unemployment Compensation
Oct. 19, 2011 – Legal Action of Wisconsin’s Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP) Annual Training for pro bono lawyers will be offered in November. The VLP offers free CLE-approved training to lawyers who commit to providing pro bono legal services to Legal Action of Wisconsin’s low-income clients.
The 2010 census indicates that there has been a significant increase in the number of Wisconsin residents eligible for publicly funded legal services. Undoubtedly, that will result in increased demand for pro bono legal services. The Volunteer Lawyers Project invites lawyers to respond to this need to serve clients throughout Legal Action’s 39-county service area.
The VLP will offer training at the American Family Training Center in Madison and Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee. See box for dates and topics.
Lawyers interested in more information about how the VLP operates in their communities may email VLP Attorney-Coordinator org vlp legalaction Patricia Risser or call her at (414) 278-7722 or (888) 278-0633.
For more information about the agendas for each training subject, directions to the training sites, and how to register, visit VLP.legalaction.org.
Advance registration is required. Registration closes on Friday, Oct. 28, 2011, at 5 p.m.
The VLP is grateful for American Family’s hospitality.