State Bar of Wisconsin welcomes 45 new members
Following the swearing-in ceremony, new lawyers sign the supreme court roll during the reception at the Madison Club.
New attorney Gail C. Groy (center) poses with her family during the reception at the Madison Club following the swearing-in ceremony. Groy, a graduate of law school in England, was admitted to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
State Bar Executive Director George Brown (left) and former State Bar President Michelle Behnke (right) welcome new attorney, Peter N. Turney (second from left) and his mother, Dr. Susan L. Turney (second from right), Executive Director of the Wisconsin Medical Society.
May 10, 2011 – Surrounded by family and friends, 45 lawyers who passed the bar exam were admitted to practice law in Wisconsin earlier today. In February, 114 people took the bar exam, representing 55 law schools and 26 jurisdictions; 82 percent passed.
All seven justices of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, Board of Bar Examiners Director Jacquelynn B. Rothstein, and former State Bar President Michelle Behnke, welcomed the new State Bar members.
Justices Ann Walsh Bradley and N. Patrick Crooks administered the oath in the Supreme Court Hearing Room during two separate ceremonies.
Following each swearing-in ceremony, Justice Patience D. Roggensack spoke to the new State Bar members and welcomed them to the practice of law.
In addition, Chief Justice Shirley S. Abrahamson urged the new members to help serve their communities and the legal system through volunteer and pro bono work.
The State Bar welcomes the following new attorneys:
- Jesse G. Ammerman, Milwaukee
- Jessica Basilio, Muskego
- Charles David Betthauser, New Berlin
- Ryan M. Billings, Milwaukee
- Kyle Borkenhagen, Stevens Point
- Sarah E. Brown-Jager, Eau Claire
- Lori Beth Chasney, Shakopee, Minn.
- Daniel Czarnecki, Greenville
- Kristina Paige Ebbott, Oshkosh
- N. Charles Eggert, Waterloo
- Emily J. Eibergen, Lansing, Mich.
- Kelly Anne Evans, Minneapolis
- Joseph P. Forward, Madison
- Matthew Daniel Frie, Monticello, Minn.
- Sean E. Froelich, River Falls
- Jeffrey C. Green, Milwaukee
- Gail C. Groy, Pleasant Prairie
- Meredith Ray Hall, Milwaukee
- Brent Haroldson, Kaukauna
- Rico S. Heisler, Hudson
- Nicholas James Hennemann, Eau Claire
- Whitney Newton Hutchinson, Chicago
- Brent William Jacobson, Pittsburgh
- Stephanie Kay Kern, Green Bay
- Matthew James Krische, St. Paul, Minn.
- Stephanie C. Lehman, Greenfield
- Leah Fillbach Lenzendorf, Waunakee
- Timothy L. Liddiard, Waukesha
- Benjamin Wallis Lutgen, Green Bay
- Andrew Maruggi, Wauwatosa
- Rohan G. McKenzie, Milwaukee
- Ayame D. C. Metzger, Madison
- Miri Pogoriler, Bayside
- Katherine Ress, Madison
- Stacey Ann Ronk, Shiocton
- Ryan Rossi, Oconomowoc
- Brandon Michael Schwartz, Chanhassen, Minn.
- Deborah Seif, Shorewood
- Megan Elizabeth Snyder, Madison
- Andrew Burton Sundboom, Minneapolis
- Andrew B. Swigart, Chicago
- Emily Christine Timm, Cedarburg
- Lauren Elyse Trubow, Chicago
- Peter N. Turney, Monona
- Thomas Randall Vance, Princeton
For more photos from the admissions ceremony and reception, visit the State Bar of Wisconsin's Facebook page, or click here.